EDGE TRADER

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Month end data

My month end return (before taxes - all realized capital gains were short term gains) was +4.34%. For the same time period, the S&P finished +0.7%. This was my second best month this year. My strategy has had to adapt - this market has not set me up with the overnight opportunities I had in May and June. For the most part, my positive trades in September were intermediate term swing positions, lasting 3-10 days.

For October, I will again go to cash in advance of the Fed meeting, and if there are any late season hurricanes threatening the Gulf (the coast appears to be clear for now). I am looking to once again meet or exceed 3% for the month, and will treat myself to something if I end up 6% or better. I will also need to focus on taking profits in some of the long positions in my portfolio and rebalancing my sector weighting if necessary.

5 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger acoach2 said...

Great blog here! I'll be back. I also have a site devoted tonewsletter swing trading.
It covers many interesting ideas related to newsletter swing trading. Stop by if you get time and get a free 3 week free subscription.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous quick cash loan said...

good post

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous sp day trading said...

An interesting read...

Regards,
sp day trading
sp day trading

 
At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Rick J said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home