EDGE TRADER

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Missed it!


Once a month I recap the previous month's performance and set personal goals for next month's performance.

Going back to my post on 7/30, my main goals were to ride out the anticipated storm with cash the last 2 weeks. My goal for monthly return was +3.0%. Unfortunately, I missed that goal and finished the month +1.9%. Of course, I outperformed the S&P's -1.2% for the same timeframe, but this is still a dissapointing number.

I was hit hard with losses on long positions on 8/18. This was the day that really killed the performance from the month. From this low point until the month end, I was able to gain +3.5%, so if there is any silver lining that was it.

My trading performance declined this month, but this was more from my lack of trading throughout the the month than anything else, looking at the numbers. I only had two trades with a loss of $500 or greater. On the flip side, I only had two trades with proceeds greater than $500. This isn't a concern - it fits in to my August goal of careful trading and preservation of capital.

My goals for September - +3% or better. +6% or more and I will treat myself.

I will resume trading on a more regular basis this month.

Good luck!

6 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog which I will visit on a regular basis.

I have a autocad drafting services site. It pretty much covers autocad drafting services related stuff.

Please visit sometime and see if you like it. And good luck to your fascinating blog!

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading the stories on your site. Keep up the super articles!

betting

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Rick J said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Rick J said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous emini trading said...

Enjoyed reading your blog.

Regards,

Active Daytrader
emini trading
http://www.daytradingcourse.com

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Emini Day Trader said...

Great blog. Nice job you've done here.

Sincerely,
Daytrader
day trading video
http://www.daytradingcourse.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home