EDGE TRADER

Monday, August 15, 2005

Icahn?

Carl Icahn is leading me - I am momentarily biting on the hook of today's big headline regarding Time Warner. This is a stock I've watched for a while. I am going to buy a small position in it gradually over the next few weeks. Just enough so that if he gets lucky, I can profit from it. And when I say lucky, I mean get the board to concede (which I think is unlikely). However, the more stir this creates, the more likely it is in the next 6 months that TWX does actually perform at least some token profitable gesture to the shareholders, whether it be buyback, dividend, or spin-off. I think that the stock is more likely to see $17.50 in the next few weeks than the Icahn bid see immediate results, but this is too big a deal to risk not being at least a small part of it. This could be the catalyst of a big move in TWX going forward for the next 12 months.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Rick J said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous trading said...

Very interesting blog.

Regards,
Emini Futures Day Trader
trading

 

Post a Comment

<< Home